Floppy boot disk problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SPIDAH, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPIDAH

SPIDAH Registered Member

I have just purchased ATI 8 and am having trouble checking the boot disk operation. The safe mode is the only mode that works and unfortunately when go to the restore mode I do not see the USB hard disk I used to make a backup for the whole system. I assume I need the non-safe mode disks but when I use the first disk I get a message from the BOIS that a non-system disk is present and press any key. This, of couse is repeated and I never can get the boot disk to work.

I am using XP sevice pack 2 home edition on a regular desk model computer.

Is there a fix for this problem?

2. SPIDAH

SPIDAH Registered Member

Never mind,. I have given up on the floppy disks and created a cdrom disk for booting the computer. It apparently works ok in the non-safe mode.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Yes, and it'll be a whole lot quicker than booting from all those floppies!!

Regards

4. someone

someone Guest

But problem is that even from CD doesn`t work boot.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

If Acronis rescue CD (full version) doesn't work on your system please contact support@acronis.com. There is a standard way to diagnose this problem.

Please note that the safe version of rescue media uses BIOS in order to operate with hardware devices. So it doesn't detect CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, USB and FireWire drives, all the other devices that aren't recognized by BIOS.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.