Floppies?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi All,

Has anyone had trouble with Floppies in WinXP Home?

Like not Formatting or not being able to copy to etc., basically just not recognising the floppy at all.

And does anyone know where to find 'Backup'? It's in System Tools in Pro but not in Home?

TIA, Regards Cochise, :cool:

2. Unzy

Unzy Registered Member

Hi Cochise,

I think on the home edition it's not installed by default.

You can install it from the installation CD though :

To install the backup program, put the installation disc into your CD-ROM drive and open it in Windows Explorer.

Navigate to \VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP.

In the NTBACKUP folder, double-click ntbackup.msi to install the program. Once you install the backup program, it will appear in Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools.

About the floppy part :

Some recent mail worms disable the proper function of the floppy drive, I'm not sure if that's the case with you, but can you pelase do an online scan here? :

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

Just to make sure ;)

Thanks!

Keep us posted

Cheers,

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

This might not be the same problem you are having but it describes a problrm not being able to use the floppy drive. Maybe it could give you some ideas

http://briansbuzz.com/w/030424/

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Men for the fast response. I should have mentioned the fact that it's not my OS that has the prob. I'm 98se. It's my Bro-in-law with the XP. I fitted him up with all the security stuff but I think something sneaked in before me.

If he tries to copy to Floppy it says 'Disk needs formatting' if you click OK it says 'Can't Format' etc., etc., I thought it was maybe a duff bundle of Floppies but they work just fine on my OS.

I will pass on the good news to him LOL and go and give him a hand to sort the prob and get his backup installed.

Thanks again, I'll let you know the outcome.

Regards, Cochise, :cool:
    PS. Sometimes I'm kinda glad I don't have XP. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.