flexible keyboard

Discussion in 'hardware' started by pan15, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pan15

pan15 Registered Member

im looking to get a flexible keyboard but i heard that sometimes when you press a button it wouldn't work and you'll have to repress the button. Does this happen alot? because i like how they are quiet but i dont want a keyboard that keeps missing a button i press

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I bought one long ago and returned because of button issue. When I was pressing S, it was typing A as well. I returned it. But it,s not an issue as you can check it on shop and return if such an issue is there.

Other issues more important is that typing on them is not comfortable, not fast, at least to me.

BTW it,s good if you are comfortable with it as you can just put it any where in your laptop bag, you can fold it, it,s spill proof, dust proof etc etc. So just try it and if you like go for it.

When i bought it, i liked it too much but after few days I felt it,s not comfortable at all and I really got sick of it.

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Best and most quiet keyboard I have had is an Enermax Aurora (aluminum). It has some special "scissor" style key mechanism. It was a flat keyboard, like a notebook one, but full size. Really quiet. Took some getting used to the low profile keys, but was suprisingly fast to type on.

I save it now for lan parties (which happen rarely anymore). I have grown so accustomed to the split keyboards that straight ones are not comfortable to use for any duration any more. Same goes with regular mice. I use a thumb trackball for everything except playing games.

Some super flat low profile keyboards might be quiet, but they are anything but comfortable. There used to be a website that was devoted to "quietness". They sold fans/mice/keyboards/heatsinks/etc. Pretty much anything that could make the experience quieter, they sold. You might try a website like that to see what is available.

Like you, the few flexible ones I used seem to be more of a gimick or specialty use than everyday use. I experienced the same issue with some buttons just not wanting to work. I even tried one of those keyboards that are projected onto a flat surface. Sounds nice (and is kinda cool) but not really comfortable at all. Sure quiet though.

Sul.

4. pan15

pan15 Registered Member

i want to buy one because i tried my friends and really liked how quiet the keyboard was, it didnt make any noise and it looked nice. The one i have at home you can hear me typing from another room. But the flexible keyboard kept missing buttons i would press. It was almost unusable. He bought his from ebay for $5 so if i bought a $20 flexible keyboard will it actually work properly or are all flexible keyboards like my friends? it seem's most people have the same problem my friend's keyboard has

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.