Flagfox for Firefox 1.5...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Flagfox extensions of Firefox 1.0.7 is very useful to me to know what country the website is located, but its not available for firefox v1.5, are there any alternative that do the same thing like flagfox to use w firefox 1.5? o_O

2. RipVanTinkle

RipVanTinkle Registered Member

now updated with new developer - works well here :)

FlagFox II v2.1.1, January 14, 2006

http://www.rleeden.no-ip.com/firefox/flagfox/

Displays a flag depicting the location of the current server. Based on the original Flagfox created by Joseph Birr-Pixton, but updated to work with Firefox 1.5 and includes latest IP to Country database.

Changed made from the original Flagfox to create Flagfox II are:

* Upgraded extension to allow install on Firefox 1.5.
    * Upgraded mapping database to latest GeoLite Country database available from MaxMind.
    * Corrected small error in converting IP address, so lookups should be more accurate now.
    * Link to Wikipedia when browsing websites on a private address range.
    * Link to Wikipedia follows tab background loading rules.
    * Extension updates automatically when new mapping database is available.

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Thanks for the info and links... ;) but I didn't install it coz it says that it eats up 27mb of memory and I only have at present (while surfing the net) a 50Mb free memory and I can't trade in for it as I only uses a 256MB RAM. Maybe, I'll wait till they fix this issue... I hope in their next version. :cautious:

4. RipVanTinkle

RipVanTinkle Registered Member

5. Fillip

Fillip Guest

Problem with Flags 0.5 is that it just basis it on the domain name - e.g. it assumes that if a domain ends in .co.uk it's in the UK. But this isn't necessarily so, and it's in just those instances that Flagfox is interesting. Shame about the momery, but if you've got it spare then I would still use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.