[Fixed] GroupServer Fails when trying to connect...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cfreiling, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfreiling

cfreiling Registered Member

Note: ATI version
    True Image Echo Enterprise Server (v 9.5.0.8163)
    True Image Echo Management Console (v 9.5.0.8163)
    True Image Echo Backup Server (v 1.5.0.594)
    True Image Echo Group Server (v 1.5.19.192)
    True Image Echo Agent (v 1.0.0.54)

I've had a problem with GroupServer failing to connect, the following error occurs when I select Acronis Group Server Management:

Code:
    Error while executing DataWalker expression. (0xE0000)
    path="CreateGroupServerAccessor(>>>)",
    line=1),
    column=1B)
    Tag = 0x83D6A86BA3ABB678
    Failed to connect to the "GroupServer". (0x1B0004)
    advice = "Failed to connect to the selected Acronis Product. Please make sure the specified server is running and available."
    Tag = 0x623559A48EF4B4DC
    Binding with endpoint failed. (0x2B0003)
    token = "[fobject.dll]GroupServer"
    Tag = 0x1E718949AF0F5200
    I've opened a case with Acronis, no replies yet, but have found that the only fix for this is to completly remove TI from the server. This removal includes everything from the Agent to MC, Enterprise, Group and Backup server options.

Then reinstall True Image 9.5 (build 8163) again in the following order:
    1. Management Console
    2. Backup Server, Rebooted and tested connection with the Backup Server (it was also having problems)
    3. Group Server, (no reboot required after install), tested it and it worked
    4. Enterprise Server, rebooted then tryied both Group Server and Backup Server again, both were successfull.

Again, don't forget to clear everything out, delete old Program Files\Acronis\ files and folder, you can also use the windows Installer Cleanup Utility package from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.