First Look At Ubuntu Linux 11.10 Beta

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by mack_guy911, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Yep yep...but the entrance to the restaurant is the other way, this is the soup kitchen for the less privileged.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Yeah... with that you've lost me.

But it's been a few posts since anything has actually been relevant to linux.

I might create a LiveUSB of the latest beta. Do betas support that?

3. linuxforall

LOLOLOL......you are a true blue Linux user and you ask that question........Quod Erat Demonstrandum......

4. Hungry Man

Again, confused. I use Windows. Why would I be a "true blue Linux user" ?

I also haven't used a beta of Ubuntu... ever. I'll assume the answer is yes.

5. linuxforall

Then pray tell me why are you here and having this conversation about Ubuntu and your opinion on it? Does it really count then, every time you make remarks like Ubuntu doesn't work, when was the last time you tried Ubuntu. If you are a Windows user, enjoy by all means. Just don't come and give your opinions on Linux unless you have anything constructive.

6. Hungry Man

I tried the last beta. Tried 11.04 as well... multiple times (in a row sometimes! since I had to reinstall when certain problems arose.)

I wasn't aware that Windows users could not post in this topic.

7. linuxforall

You have never ever used Ubuntu let alone any flavor of Linux, this query proves that beyond doubt.

Most Linux users have used Windows and some are still dual booting here, they have the perspective for a constructive opinion, in your case, the only purpose is trolling. As I said before, enjoy Windows to the fullest and post your opinions about Windows in the specific thread, why even bother in the labyrinths of the homeless shelter called Linux :D

8. Hungry Man

Oh, interesting. I Could have sworn I used to run Ubuntu but I guess I was mistaken.

I said that 6 months was not enough time to perfect an OS. I illustrated this by showing I have had errors.

Honestly, at this point I'm just tryin gto keep it on topic but you for some reason believe that everyone is trying to attack linux because we're all fanboys.

9. linuxforall

Of course not.......if Redmond can't do it with billions of $$$$, how can Ubuntu. Are you aware that its a collaborative effort based on the word VOLUNTEER. As it may, the concentrated effort pays off and even the six month distro is far more usable and stable than M$ efforts. If you want stability, ever heard of LTS? Cent OS, RH, are you aware where they are being used or your main purpose here is just to be a good old M$ troll which you really are in every sense.

10. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

You can create a liveUSB with UNetbootin or similar I think

It's a shame some people in this thread can't behave themselves. Could have been an interesting thread...sigh...bound to be MODified shortly...

11. Hungry Man

I'll either post in this topic or make a new one if I get the liveUSB set up tonight.

My d/l speeds can be iffy, we'll see.

12. cozumel

13. Hungry Man

14. linuxforall

Ubuntu betas have allowed live usb from version 9.04

15. cozumel

Thanks - didn't realise. It would have been good if you had given that answer to Hungry Man earlier...

16. linuxforall

How can I? He is a Ubuntu user as he claims. Ubuntu doesn't work for him, none of the versions including LTS.

17. cozumel

I hope that's not true. The flexibility, indeed the 'tweakability' is one of main joys of Linux....

18. linuxforall

With CCSM, one can tweak Unity for all, also Unity is new and growing at a rapid pace, give it time to grow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.