First Look At Ubuntu Linux 11.10 Beta

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by mack_guy911, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

3. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

Because it IS relevant, you always compare a new version with the previous one to see if it is any better, and oh my, 11.04 was the previous version.

@linuxforall, I have been using Linux for a far longer time then you, next time refrain before calling someone a M$ troll.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  4. linuxforall

Its not comparison with new or old version, its outright smear campaign with no apparent substance period.

5. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Same applies to 11.04. Oh my!

6. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

lol is this even real?

I can walk you through each time I've installed Ubuntu if you like.

Reading through this topic has been pretty hilarious. Damage control on both sides.

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

First off, I have no throne (it got broken and I'm ever so sad). Second, I only have this attitude when other silly ass people make silly ass comments. Third, you are the one that seems to have adopted the same answer for every Linux criticism lately "one wonders if it's even been tried?"...one wonders if you have enough sense in your head to consider that if someone is complaining about issues,they probably have tried it.

Don't throw attitude back at me and point me out as in the wrong just because I called you out on your attitude issues. And will you please get off the "MS troll" train? You've trolled just as much as anyone else has and you know it. Now, I'll agree with one point you made, Linux is beautiful on old, outdated hardware that open source guys have had plenty of time to poke and prod. Anything else is a crap shoot. Oh, btw, I hate the Windows fan threads too. Just as much as I hate the threads that go on and on about a browser, a HIPS program, and so on.

So no, I don't count myself among the fanboys. But you'll probably deem me one anyway, so oh well. Now, I'll be getting out of this, so enjoy your Linux forum.

8. Hungry Man

I like them all! lol

9. linuxforall

You have the biggest throne of them all........you think by declaring that you aren't a fanboy places you above all and gives you the right to jump in with your vitriolic without any comprehension of the true scenario. Who the hell appointed you to be the judge here may I ask. Are you that much of a delusional fool not to realize that? Please don't let the door hit your behind hard when you leave and let us Linux losers/fanboys be forever in peace.

10. linuxforall

Yep yep you do........as long as they all come from M$ Redmond. :D

11. Hungry Man

Not even sure what that means but I think everyone can pretty much agree that you're being a bit silly. There's elitism and then there's delusion.

12. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Wow..I really have no other things to say about you. You've seriously said it all with your own words. There's elitism, there's delusion, and then there is you. Maybe someday you'll get it, I truly hope you do. Oh, I'll leave you with one last little phrase: Pot, meet kettle.

13. linuxforall

You still here..........too hard for you to abdicate your throne.......is it that lonely :D :D :D

There ain't no pot here to meet the kettle AFAIK.

14. Hungry Man

Such a strange turn this topic took lol if someone wanted to debate Windows vs Linux in any capacity I don't see why they didn't just make a separate topic.

We've actually had a topic about OSX, Windows, and Linux security comparing all three OS's I believe.

15. linuxforall

There ain't no topic to discuss here, anytime any Linux, especially the Ubuntu kind is even dared to be mentioned, like flies, M$ trolls come down to contaminate it right away, thats the plain and simple fact. They just can't stick to their beautiful Windows 8 thread, that place is so lonely for them it seems ;)

16. Hungry Man

hard to tell if you're being serious

I've said plenty of times that Linux is objectively more secure than Windows but somehow I'm a Windows fanboy. All I said earlier was that 6 months is not a long time, there's been 6 months between each release and I've always had issues.

17. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, I have to admit it, you make me chuckle. I'd say there is a pot, but you're using the wrong kind. Tell ya what, you stay out of the Windows 8 thread and don't come back, and I'll not come back to this one.

18. linuxforall

Thats your entry fee to come and rain dung on Ubuntu, classic Windows ploy.......they start with the hackneyed line.......I like Linux but............

been there done that seen that to the point of tiredness.

19. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Really, give up, Hungry, lol. He has his own universe.

20. Hungry Man

I also "like Windows but"

honestly, what conversation would you like to have about either OS? Or are you just trying to stir **** up? lol

21. Hungry Man

Just seems like such a waste of a topic.

22. linuxforall

Yep it is a blatant waste, Linux is that is, my heart is bleeding:D

23. Hungry Man

Alright. Well, between this topic and the one where you insisted that Opera was more secure than Chrome I know right where to put your future opinions.

24. linuxforall

And we all know your affiliations, pretty obvious....its M$ with heavy dollop of Chrome bling or is that other way ;)

25. Hungry Man

Oh yes, I'm actually on both of their payrolls. A man's gotta eat.

~Sent from my Droid Eris at Google Overlord Watchtower~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.