Firewall Question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TheMozart, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

What do I need to do to be able to make sure that any new installed programs that I install do not "phone home" and are not spyware in disguise and do not send personal data from my hard drive back to their server?

Is that possible to stop or make sure it don't happen?

What exactly do I need to do to make sure nothing sends personal and private data out of my laptop?

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Only install reputable software you can trust and feel confortable with. If you start entering into the "call home" paranoia then move to Linux for which you can inspect source code (assuming you know how to read it).

Most windows software (including the same OS) calls home nowadays and its normal they do so. There is nothing to worry about unless you need to hide something. Threads comes from outside malware not from "call home" activities originating from legit applications.

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

My main concern was a program called Time Freeze by Toolwiz. Sounds good program, but there is not much feedback about it and some people on the internet say they are concerned about the program and what it might be doing.

How can I install it and be confident it's not sending any personal data anywhere?

4. fax

fax Registered Member

You can't 100% unless you access the source code, as per above you simply pass on and choose some other restore software. There are several users here using other solutions, just search the board or the thread about security setups :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.