Firewall Problems With Counter-strike?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by SweX, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hey i am a noob at this i think and my english isen't that good.
    I got a problem and it's about CS or Counter-Strike if you want the problems starts below!!!

Well i got a problem whit the firewall first did i set the firewall on
    (Interactive mode) then did i get a pop up if i want to allow CS and i did choose remember this answer and i choosed allow. Then did i go in to the CS meny where you choose servers and that then did it work you did see the pings and everything as allways, but then did i set my firewall on
    (Policy-based mode) because at that point had i set up rules for all my programs, but then did it stop work and i though that was wierd because i did put it on remember this answer so it should stay the same and i did check and it and yes it was still allowed so i don't know what's wrong i need help pleaseo_O
    And i hope this problem will be solved if it is a problem or if i have done something wrong then tell me what to do because i really like this program and i hope they will develop the firewall furuther so it won't be any problems whit it.

I can tell you that also that i want to have the fire wall set on
    (Policy-based mode) because i don't want any pop ups about programs trying to connect or something but anyway isen't it suppose to work this way that you made rules for all your programs that you want to have conections for then you put the firewall on (Policy-based mode) and all programs that trying to connect will be denied right?
    Thats what the info says about that firewall mode

Thanks Johan

2. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I was having trouble with my Zune software being blocked and this is what I did. Go to setup, configure rules and zones, expand CS, right click and choose edit, see screen shot. Good luck. When I play games on line I turn off the firewall and let the router do it's job. Let us know how it goes.

Attached Files:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There is a problem with the current beta that is occasionally not showing up a prompt window in interactive mode. This has been fixed, please drop me a PM if you are interested in getting a fixed dll for testing.

4. veri

veri Registered Member

That would explain a lot...

OP: I had a similar problem with Battlefield 2. Following the above screenshot in setting "allow" across the board fixed it for me.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

YES it did work thank you very very much DIVEDOG really nice thanks for the help i think that can help other people whit problmes whit other programs than CS. Anyway it did work and the firewall was also good to play whit no
    lagg or any problem, Thank you very much DIVEDOG really nice:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

6. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Glad I could help. Good luck in CS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.