Firewall Leak Tests

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jpcummins, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I am looking for a few good firewall leak testing programs. Can anyone tell me of the name(s) of good leak testing programs and the address of the site(s) where I may download such tests. Sygate had a testing site at one time but since it was purchased by symantec I can not longer find what I need. Any replies will be very much appreciated. Thanking you in advance for your assistance and cooperation.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

You should worry more about what can get in, install/run, this causes problems.

All these posts about "leaktests". Does everyone think they will have a need for this protection.
    Give some thought on inbound protection, and the crap most of you install on your own PC`s.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Very good advise Stem.
    One must first try to keep crap out.

5. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Does this include security software too? ;) :p :rolleyes:

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Symantec has a security scanning tool available, but it may not be the same as the previous Sygate tester.

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Some, yes. It will attempt to bind/redirect the OS incorrectly (this is the only point I agree (indirectly) with "Matousec".)

8. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Stem,

If you were using a software firewall which one (if any) would you use? And, what AV program would you use?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

BB

9. Doc Serenity

Doc Serenity Registered Member

Stem,
    I have often wondered the same thing.
    Am very interested in what you use.
    And I see your point about keeping the crap out of my pc but not sure of the best way to do it.
    Regards.

10. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello,
    I did put forward to forum members some time ago,(due to some PM`s) if I should put in my sig the firewall etc I use or currently testing. But the replies did show my own thought where correct, that I should not do this.

If I was to put forward the setups (the security apps) I personally use, this could be seen as some form of advertisement from me for a vendor.

11. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Stem:
    You are a security expert, and a such with impartial views. I would not categorize your endorsement of any security app as a form of advertisement, and I hope members here do have the same degree of understanding too. Come on, show and tell. Thanks.

12. TheSpirit

TheSpirit Registered Member

We know Stem's reasonable opinion about leak tests, which is the topic here.

If we wish to know Stem's opinion about Life, the Universe and Everything, we can read some of Stem's 3,000+ posts... maybe 1,000? :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.