Firewall Leak Test

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by svendoris, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svendoris

svendoris Registered Member

Hi Guys
    I currently have nod32 installed I believe it is simply the best. My question is regarding the firewall in the security suite, will it or does it pass all the leak tests as per Firewall Leak Tester. I have comodo running on my xp machine and it passes all the leak tests and best of all its FREE but this laptop is running vista and there is currently no decent firewall available that I trust
    Sven:D

2. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

I to would be interested in the result of this. Likewise I await a decent firewall that works on Vista, and passes these tests. :)

3. NeoDigital

NeoDigital Registered Member

Take a look at https://www.grc.com/ it's a free based online Firewall Test that tests the many ports.

Having setting the Firewall to Automatic Filtering Mode the ports will be blocked on Interactive it takes a little more to configure the firewall to not allow ports 135 and 445 will be OPEN which is not a good thing as i said the Firewall will take more setting up to the more extreme to block these ports.

If you are running behind a Hardware Firewall like a Router (ADSL/DSL/Cable) then you will be perfectly fine unless you enable DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) that sets your computer to have wide open access bypassing the Hardware Firewall.

I'm currently testing the Firewall Settings to get things running smoothly but i run behind a Hardware Based Firewall so im protected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.