Firefox Tab Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Isn't there a tab extension that expands when that tab's window is open ? This makes it quickly identifiable when many tabs are active.

TIA

2. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

Not sure what you mean. When I've got multiple tabs open in FF I see the tabs along the top. The one displaying is white & the others are shown grayed.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

There's Tab Mix Plus. It doesn't expand the active tab but you can customize the color and font to make it more easily seen. I don't know of anything that's exactly what you want. You might be able to customize the active tab with userchrome.css commands but I'm not sure, I've never tried it.

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Could you explain what you mean by "when many tabs are active."?

5. badkins79

badkins79 Registered Member

What I believe is being requested is an extension that will make the currently active tab show up wider than the inactive tabs. The goal is to make it easy to see which tab is the active tab when you have lots of tabs open.

I searched around for this and didn't find any. However, there are tins of extensions related to tab management, so it might just be a side feature of one of the more robust ones.

6. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Tab Utilities has that feature or the following line can be added to userChrome.css:
    Code:
    tab[selected="true"] { min-width: 200px !important; }

[SIZE="1"]Taken from [URL="http://lifehacker.com/301520/best-firefox-userchromecss-tweaks"]here[/URL]. Change [i]200[/i] to the desired width.[/SIZE]

7. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Attached Files:

8. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

"What I believe is being requested is an extension that will make the currently active tab show up wider than the inactive tabs. The goal is to make it easy to see which tab is the active tab when you have lots of tabs open."

This is precisely what I was looking for.
    @ ellison That will work.I had already made some about:config changes to accompany more tabs in tab bar so......thanks
    @ others..Thank you.

9. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

That Tab Utilities is a pretty nice little add-on, and quite a bit lighter than TMP. I think I'm gonna start using it. Thanks for the link malexous. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.