Firefox question

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Dr.Know, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Know

Dr.Know Guest

Hi

I use the Firefox browser, and was wondering if while i use this browser do i really need to run programs like Winpatrol, Spybots- Teatimer, and Pest Patrol's- MemCheck?

I'm asking because they seem to be more for use with IE (like pest Patrol's cookie patrol-only works with IE) and not Firefox. Would you recommend to still run them with Firefox or are they just a waste of resources? Thanks.

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi Dr. Know,

Firefox has pretty good cookie options built in, you can add Javacool's SpywareBlaster for even better cookie protection. I can't comment on WinPatrol. Pest Patrol is okay (at least it is not a malware itself: some may say yes it is) but has way too many false positives. Also many have complained about poor customer support. I won't renew and stopped using it even where it still has a subscription. If you have no other choice then I guess PP is better than nothing.
    Teatimer is useful for guarding against malware and some registry changes. So the answer is no, it is not a waste of resources.

3. Dr.Know

Dr.Know Guest

Thanks for your reply Dev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.