Firefox hangs with Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by WilliamP, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Well 3.76 seems to be the way to go. It is working great for me. It is a shame to see another great program go down the tubes.

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

William, I can tell you, one of my computers is an XP SP3 32 bits, I run all kind of programs sandboxed and Sandboxie is working for me now, using V 4.08, as it did when I used 3.76. Be aware that you need SP3 on XP to be supported by SBIE V4. Perhaps you can check V 4.09 which ought to be released soon. I gave you some ideas on what to check but you didn't reply or name the rest of security programs that you are using, I wish you did.

Bo

3. WilliamP

The only thing running is Avira AV. I have no problem with FF opening. But if I click on a web page to view something it will lock up.

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

William, if you are using the Avira web guard, you could try running Firefox sandboxed without the web guard. It could make a difference.

Bo (huge Falcons:cool: fan over here)

5. WilliamP

For the time being I will use 3.76. I see no reason to disable Avira to run 4.08. The problem is with SB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.