Firefox beats chrome

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

2. Alhaitham

Alhaitham Registered Member

Nice

Thanks

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I've always felt that Fx was fast anyway. I always thought Chrome was overrated speedwise. It would be interesting to compare Maxthon 4 & Opera 15 as well. They don't hang about either!

Not so long ago (a year?) there were predictions here that Firefox would be dead & buried by now. It seems it's as alive as ever.

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

These tests are subjective. Firefox is definitely faster than Chrome on my box too, but it may not hold true to the next guy.

One thing that's pretty unanimous though is that IE is the least responsive.

5. jingjing

jingjing Registered Member

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Wait until you bloat them with extensions and use them for a month. Things may have changed since Firefox 15, but I don't see any compelling reason to switch back.

7. Daveski17

I have a few extensions on Fx, nine I think, but it doesn't seem to slow it particularly. I always thought that you could add more extensions to Fx & keep it relatively fast than any of the other browsers available.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Oh, I had at least 20. Same with Chrome. There was a big difference in speed as time goes on. It did get better in the later versions, but still noticeable enough for me to clean my profile every month, not just with CCleaner. In the end, even if that has changed, it wouldn't be enough to pull me back.

9. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Firefox seems to be a little sluggish in my machine (quad core + 8 gb ram ) , I simple dont know why. o_O

10. Daveski17

I suppose it all depends on your system. On my desktop PC Opera 12 x64 was lightning fast. Yet many seemed to be having loads of problems with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.