Firefox 3 = BLOATWARE?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nomarjr3, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

On systems with slower processors, lots of Flash can slow down K-Meleon quite a bit (cursor movement, scrolling) even compared with IE (IE seems to handle Flash better when it's playing, rather than loading).

But traversing through webpages, forwards or backwards, is where K-Meleon really shines.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I don't mean to be rude to anyone here, but I sit 60-70 hours a week on my box with almost all of that surfing the web and FF3 in many respects is not a better browser, so if you're surfing 70+ hours a week on FF, then please step up to the podium.

Right off the bat FF3 had problems loading some websites I went to and didn't even render the pages properly. I've also more problems with logging into sites that require a username and password to log into with FF3 then FF2.

The memory leakage hasn't changed much in FF3 it still seems to suck it up over time, and then I have seen it lock up and crash on me a few times as well.

So, how long has FF3 been out? NOT LONG at all, and in just that short amount of time, I've had more problems with FF3 then in one years usage on FF2.

FF3 has been so pathetic, I'm ready to ditch it and just use K-Meleon...

PEACE

3. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

Go for it!

You won't regret using the current version of K-Meleon..
    I promise you'll love it

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

As a fellow FF3 user, I feel bad in telling you that at least some of the problems you describe while surfing must be unique to your box, because as a probable 50 hour a week user I see none of them. o_O

5. tlu

tlu Guest

Same here. Usually there is a problem with the profile. So the first step would be to start FF with the -safe-mode option to check if these problems still occur. If they do it's time to disable one extension after the other in order to find the culprit. For example, in every thread here on FF extensions you'll find somebody still combining Adblock Plus with the Filterset.G Updater - a combination which is explicitly NOT recommended by the ABP author.

If everything fails a new profile should be created.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  6. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

While I don't surf 70+ hours, I do use a lot of web applications on a day-to-day basis (PHP-based mostly). I can tell you right now that I have not experienced any of the problems you mentioned here. The memory usage is definitely much better than FF 2 (as far as I can tell, there are no major memory leakage at all). Firefox crashes from time to time, but that happens with every application.

7. tlu

tlu Guest

A more comprehensive description how to apply "Standard diagnostic" can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.