Filseclab latest truly excellent

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Arup, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yes, I think they are probably extremely slow with any updates. In the entire time I've known about this firewall, I've only seen 2 versions I think. At any rate, best not to hold your breath.. ;)
    I like Kerio 4 myself. Be sure you disable the web filtering though. I found that it impaired speed tremendously here on my cable connection, but with it disabled, everything was fine.

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I also had problems with Ad Muncher (mentioned here)

I like this firewall a lot, but it doesn't stealth well our systems... :(

3. Arup

Arup Guest

I dont use proxies so my system was stealthed well, if it didnt have the CPU spikes, wouldnt' mind using it as it has nice rule making.

4. arlone

arlone Registered Member

it seems not so prevalent or well remarked as ZA or OP,i just heared of this sometimes.however,i'd try it.haha

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

And it seems that this firewall only be updated after June 2006... :(

6. LocoMe

LocoMe Registered Member

I just started using this FW. It seems to slow down my computer. I am not to savy about these details. Was wondering is someone could help me out.

I'm running XP SP2 no router. I was using Black Ice b4 this. Puter was very responsive, not slow like this. I thought this might be better as I read about it on TechGuy. Right now I'm running it in ICS mode. I wanted to run it in stealth, as I have read here, but had problems getting my email. Any help to resolve these problems would be greatly apppreciated.

LocoMe o_O

7. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Did you get rid of all vestiges of BlackIce b4 running Filseclab?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.