FileChecker password won't work

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by wdb, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdb

wdb Registered Member

I just started my computer (Windows XP SP1) and filechecker warned of several deleted watched files, all with long strings of what appeared as random characters as the file name. As I did not have those files on my watch list, I updated my virus def (symantec) and am running a scan. When I tried to open filechecker it indicated my password was invalid and won't let me in.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    David

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you feel comfortable editing the registry....I would suggest you locate the below reg key in bold and click on that key. In the right hand box...delete the Password string value. You can then reset the password via the program if you wish. If you are uncomfortable in the registry....we can offer further assistance.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings\{09201-21029B-293849302-CDE2929FF}"

[​IMG] Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified.

Attached Files:

3. wdb

wdb Registered Member

Thanks Bubba,
    I navigated to the reg key, found the Password string value. I didn't delete anything yet. I noticed that all the data values for the watched files was ¾Ç¡*’šœÝ»”‘˜Ž¡²ˆ‰‘’’–ݸ…˜ŽŽ¡ŠœŸÓ˜…˜. I would have thought the data would show a path to the watched filesinstead of code. Is there something else grotesquely wrong with my machine?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You're very Welcome ;)

All that gobbly goop tells me someone selected....Convert Saved Watch-List to Encryted Format....via the Filechecker program.

The pic below shows 3 watched items normal and the same 3 below them encryted.

Attached Files:

5. wdb

wdb Registered Member

OK, thanks. Don't remember doing that, but short term memory is the first to go, or did they say something else was first??

6. wdb

wdb Registered Member

Got it to open by deleting the password string as previously recommended, but can't find a way to unencrypt to watch list, other than to delete all the files and build a new one?

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yep....ya gotta start over :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.