file: timntr_2K.sys

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jahopkins, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jahopkins

jahopkins Registered Member

Hi all,

I have created an image file using Acronis 8. Upon doing a restore, I receive the message: "file timntr_2k.sys on Acronis True Image install disk is needed". Reading previous posts, one author stated that he was unable to continue with the installation. Another author explained how to retreive the needed file. When I received this error message, I just clicked "cancel" and everything appeared to continue on as normal. I have received no other error messages or indications and Acronis appears to be working correctly.

My question is this - by clicking cancel and continuing with the restore process without installing the missing timntr_2k.sys file, have I created an eventual problem that will rear its ugly head later. Again, I have performed additional backups and restore ops without issue.

one last ? - what does this file (timntr_2k.sys) do??

In advance, thanks

jahopkins

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jahopkins,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please describe the issue in more details?

- What is the exact name and build of the product that you use? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- What exactly did you try to perform? Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

- What exact messages have you received? When exactly have you received it? Please make a screen shots of this message, if possible.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. SeanFL

SeanFL Registered Member

I've just received a similar file request, although it's under completely different circumstances.

I'm using TI 9.1 workstation and universal restore to move to a new machine. The new machine will not boot fully into windows (it hands on a windows xp screen). So I put in my xp pro disk and attempted to re-install windows (not clean...on top of my old windows).

I'm inside windows setup (where it says how many minutes are left until it's set up) and a screen popped up asking for timntr_2k.sys

I'll copied it from the old machine and tried to feed it to the new machine on a floppy and many different ways and couldn't get it to take it.

Thought I'd pop up my issue here...not sure if it will hold up my progress or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.