File sharing programs

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by yodafan, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodafan

yodafan Guest

hi,

Lately been getting pings from sharing programs, port 6346,1214. These programs are ping for hours....is this not abusive? I get logs of this stuff. How come these programs are so unconsistent with who is logged in or not?

btw i don't use sharing programs so i don't know much about these stuff...

YODA

2. root

root Registered Member

This usually happens when someone is on a dialup or other ISP that changes IPs regularly. Someone had the IP before you and uses P2P, then logs off. You come along and get the IP and start getting hammered.
    That's where a good firewall comes in handy. :)
    I would offer some suggestions, but Paul would ban me. :D

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

LOL! Nope: actually, your input here is highly valued :cool:. That being said: no suggestions - at least not the ones I presume you could post ;)

regards.

paul

4. Stu

Stu Guest

I agree it is a pain i tried out kaaza lite for a week and after i stopped using it and formatted my drive i continued to get hammered by it.I have broadband but luckily i have a dynamic ip that changes every few weeks.I feel sorry for the person that got my last ip if they have a firewall there probably still getting battered with traffic from there.

5. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Hi YOD@! To fix this problem, disconnect from your ISP and then reconnect. Hopefully/usually they'll give you a new IP. Should stop the hits. :)

6. yodafan

yodafan Guest

hey thanx a lot guys,

just got ping for subseven.... so i check it out with symantec's trace a potential thing (whois), it found no server... weird . wut does that mean? Like it said no results for locating the server. Screenshot below

7. YODA

YODA Registered Member

heh ok... had to loggin to put up a screenshot...

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      83.4 KB
      Views:
  8. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi,

Nothing wierd : no registred domain, that's all.

JacK

9. root

root Registered Member

Owner
    First Internet provider in Montenegro, Routers and dial-up lines, Podgorica, centrala 2
    Internet Crna Gora d.o.o., ul. Slobode 68, 81000 Podgorica, Montenegro, Yugoslavia
    Contact Information
    Zeljko Draskovic, internet@cg.yu, + 381 81 45 321, + 381 81 43 941, Ivan Kuc, kooch@cg.yu, +381 69 064212, +381 81 243941
    Name Servers
    ns.cg.yu, ns2.crnagora.net

That's all I could get from my snitch in Jugoslavia. They're a tight lipped bunch over there. :D

Not much sense in pursueing it any further as far as I can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.