file scanning ,how many

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sanjo, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanjo

sanjo Registered Member

Hi, I have been useing nortons 2004 , and was dissapointed in its preformance so I now have a trail vers; of nod 32 . when scanning c drive with norton it scaned obout 60,000 files , with nod32 it seems to only scan about 13,000 files , I also get a message that it can not open 4 files can some one please help me with this as I would like to keep nod32 as my pc seems to run well with it, thanks Sanjo :oops: :D

2. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Welcome to the forum sanjo
    I would suggest that you use the setup from this thread by Blackspear here

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

After you do the changes outlined in that thread, check again....I think you will find that it will check ALL the files, except those that are in use by Windows. e.g pagefile.sys
    Let us know how it goes...I am no guru with NOD, but others in here may provide more expertise.
    Cheers :)
    EDIT: Sorry Blackspear..it seems our replies crossed. I tried to help and after I posted saw your reply.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

4. sanjo

sanjo Registered Member

Hi, Thanks all running well now, piked up a couple things norton missed nothing major , Thanks for your quick reply ,Sanjo :D

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure, and by the way welcome to Wilders, glad to see you joined us...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.