FIAT Software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pgitta, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgitta

pgitta Guest

OK, I hardly ever b***h about software. I'm usually the first to say people are doing something wrong, but UNtrueImage has changed all that.

I have put up with the weird way you have to enter credentials to access a network drive.

I have put up with the absolutely INFURIATING "image file corrupt" messages

I have put up with the program burning coasters.

But today was the final straw. After setting up a PC with all the laltest updates, applications, and even minor desktop settings, I figured I'd be smart to save it all to the "Secure zone"

So I did, and it asked for a reboot, and I did, and walked away to let it work.
    Came back an hour later to a flashing cursor in the top left screen.

My heart skipped, but wait, don't panic. Reboot. Same thing.

Loaded up a partion manager and what do I find?

From an 8GB HD primary partition I wanted to "secure" after spending hours setting it up, now I have an empty 6GB partion, an empty 2GB extended and 2GB logical. ALL EMPTY...ALL GONE

THANK YOU ACRONIS**T!!!

Nice when your "backup" software destroys your data for you.

Never another penny of mine, and even illegal copies wouldn't be worth the time spent to rip them off.

That's sad.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pgitta,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response. I'm also very sorry for any inconveniences caused by the behaviour of Acronis software.

1. Could you please clarify what exactly do you mean when saying that you have to "put up with the weird way you have to enter credentials to access a network drive"?

2. As far as I know, the known problem with the creation of the "corrupt" image archives has already been fixed. I advice you to download and install the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please describe the issue in more words.

3. Do you mean that you are unable to create Bootable Rescue CD? If yes, then please download and install the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0 and see if the problem remains. If the problem does remain then please do as I have suggested in this previous post of mine.

As for the problem with Acronis Secure Zone. Could you please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem? Have you tried to create Acronis Secure Zone or to create an image saving it to the already created Acronis Secure Zone? Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step. Please also tell me what build number you used at that moment.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.