FDISR and Image software

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by kneighbour, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kneighbour

kneighbour Registered Member

I am a bit confused as to how to do a total image of your hard drive if you are using FDISR (using True Image, say).

Do you simply image your currently loaded snapshot?

It would seem to me that if FDISR has stored 4 snapshots on your disk, then by doing a drive image, you would be backing up 4 FDISR snapshots?

I do not mean a sector-by-sector image - I mean just the normal imaging done by something like True Image (which I assume is file based).

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Unless I am seriously mistaken (its been known to happen) TrueImage is indeed a true mirror image program which means, sector-by-sector, and yes, you will image ALL of the Snapshots; I know, I have imaged all TEN of my Snapshots every time I use TrueImage and an old version of Powerquest's DriveImage.

Acadia

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

kneighbour,
    I use the combination ATI + FDISR for more than one year and it backups/restores ALL snapshots of FDISR.
    After the restoration you can start immediately doing your job.
    It never failed until now, which is a pity because I would like to use ShadowProtect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.