FD-ISR & AutoPatcher.

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by ErikAlbert, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yesterday, I was testing a new software, called "AutoPatcher for WinXP", which I found via this thread :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=137003
    AutoPatcher allows you to patch Windows off-line.
    I patched everything and ended up with a desktop with only 2 icons left LOL, instead of 50.
    As usual FD-ISR fixed it in minuts. I booted in an unpatched snapshot, refreshed the patched snapshot with the unpatched snapshot (lots of addings, removals and replacements) and I was back in business in no time and AutoPatcher was gone as an extra bonus on top. :D

Unbelievable, what FD-ISR can do for you. In the past, I wouldn't even know where to start to fix this situation.:)

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

:thumb: :thumb:

Hey Erik, I know. I had a KAV installation, get slightly corrupted, and to fix I had to get rid of a DLL that had attached itself to winlogon.exe. All efforts to get rid of it even in safe mode failed so I finally found a utility Unlocker that did indeed unlock it so I could delete it. Windows apparently took this very personally. Ever see a BSOD that just said, Critical system error Windows is inoperable and shutting down. System rebooted just fine, but you have no idea how comforting that preboot screen was to me.

Pete

3. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Hmmm I use AutoPatcher every month and there are no problems.

4. ErikAlbert

I probably patched too much and lost my tweakings also. Next time I will only use it for critical updates.

5. ErikAlbert

R

I'm very sure you know :D. You use FD-ISR much longer than me.
    ATI would have saved me too in 40 minuts, but not in 10 minuts like FDISR. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.