FBI's Magic Lantern (updated URL)!

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by godzillex, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Hi Smurf,
    We're talking about Magic Lantern, which is different than simple ISP logging. Magic Lantern is actually a TLA keylogging trojan that is placed on a suspect computer in order to capture (usually) the passphrase to encrypted files, containers, partitions, etc. It's easy to get it all confused though. :)

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,

The only real question is are you a target. I am sure all three letter agencies can spy on any internet user in various ways and fashions. Sometimes they might get caught. That is just part of being a user now a days. It may not be right, but it is just the way it is.

Only if you make yourself are a target by your "activity", should you be concerned, not enough man power or computing power to watch everybody. They would only monitor for strange stuff. I would bet Micro$oft is part of the process though. By the way this is not just a United States thing either I'm sure other coutries have there own "listeners" too.

Just a disclosure: I am not part of any security agency and have no inside tract. Just my own thinking on this. ;)

3. ???

??? Guest

But, people have bosses, bosses get impatienct, so people find other people to take the heat, even good peoples. don't matter to bosses if wrong persons, unders not yelled threetened with job. so who gets hurt,? everyday man.

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

5. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Here are facts:

The Russians used to sit outside IBM mainframe datacentres and pick up radiation from their locally and remotely attached cluster controllers and even individual screens, just like TV Detector License vans do in England. Well, they might spot the odd German Paratrooper...

The Russians our now our friends...so our telecomm companies do the job for them. When ever the spot suspicious signs - people legally using encryption or words like BOMB or SEMTEX or GIRL or IRAQ then they send in a Chinook bearing Official Thugs from the Ministry of Evaporance.

It's not all bad news...we're all given a fair and reasonable chance to dig ourselves out through the weak, lower board of the coffinse our maimed bodies with sealed into, provided we can superglue our bones together (gasp) in tim...

Bring back Cerberus....

6. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Girlo_O That would be the great majority of humanity!! And same with Iraq! How about "that's the bomb!!" ?

We're doomed, I tell ya!!

Marja:cool:

Hero worship is mostly idol gossip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.