Favorites sorting in IE

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FanJ, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Sometimes my favorites-list in IE 5.5 SP2 on my Windows 98 SE box are not anymore sorted alphabetically.
    I don't seem to have an option to sort it by name (but I have bad eyes and I could have missed it).

How do you fix such a "problem"?

In this thread at DSLR PloKoon posted a nice free tool:

Q-Sort 2000

For Windows 95/98/ME.
    (Q-Sort 2004 available soon for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP).
    If you use Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows 95 with Internet Explorer 4 Desktop Update sometimes the order of the Start Menu and Favorites entries get mixed up.

Q-Sort 2000 arranges the "Programs" section of your Start Menu and your Internet Explorer Favorites in alphabetical order with a single mouse click.

You can let sort your Start Menu and Favorites every time you start-up your computer.

Q-Sort 2000 is Freeware.

---end quote---

Well, I installed the program and let it sort my favorites (I started it manually).
    It did its job fine.
    Two screenshots:
    First the interface where you tell it what to do:

Attached Files:

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I clicked the Favorites button and a second later I got the following screen, and my favorites were indeed again nice sorted in alphabetical order.

Attached Files:

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Q-Sort 2004

January 1, 2004: Beta 2 of Q-Sort 2004 available now for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

Note by me:
    I cannot tell you much about this new version; I still have Q-Sort 2000 (on Windows 98 SE).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.