Fatal error during installation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mickscool, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickscool

mickscool Registered Member

Hi Friends,
    I installed Acronis True Image enterpise server 9.1(latest version) on a Windows Server 2003.
    And I am trying to install acronis components on a remote computer i.e
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server.The installation starts but at the end i get this error message:

I researched a bit and came through this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-132381.html

I followed the steps but I am still gettin that error...can somebody please help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mickscool,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that Acronis True Image Agent can be installed locally using the installation file of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server or remotely via Acronis True Image Management Console. Acronis True Image Management Console also allows updating or removing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server components on remote computers. To perform any of these operations you will need administrator rights on the target machine. If the remote computer runs Windows 2003 Server, the option Control panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> File and Printer Sharing must be enabled on that computer. You can find more information on how to install Acronis True Image Enterprise Server components in Chapter 4.2 "Installing/updating Acronis components on a remote machine" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide.

Please also note that the remote access to networked computers is allowed according to the security policy set up in the local network. To have remote access to Acronis True Image Agent, the user must be a member of the Administrators or Backup operators group on this computer. To install Acronis components on a remote computer you must be a member of the Administrators group on this computer.

If the issue persists, please create Windows System Information on the computer where you try to install Acronis True Image Agent. Also please do the following;

- Open Administrative Tools in the Control Panel;

- Select Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment;

- Click on the name of the folder (User Rights Assignment) and select Export List...

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. sujatars

sujatars Registered Member

Hi,

I m facing the same problem
    I installed Acronis True Image enterpise server 9.1(latest version) on a Windows Server 2003.
    And I am trying to install acronis components on a remote computer i.e
    again a Windows 2003 Server.The installation starts but at the end i get this error message:

E00010000: Remote installation to "TEST0002" failed.

Fatal error during installation. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070643
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

I tried the steps in the response above but still no luck ...Can anyone plz help on this...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  4. iamthirsty

iamthirsty Registered Member

Can anyone answer this question? I have the same problem. I emailed support but they just give me the crap, "download the latest updates".... whatever! I've done that and I'm logged in as the administrator on both of my machines local and the one I want to remotely install the agent software. I've tried logging in as DOMAIN/Administrator and everything else.

IS THERE AN ACTUAL FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM??

I'm not too impressed with the level of customer service, unless this issue is resolved I will let my trial version expire and never purchase the license.

5. Acronis Support

Hello iamthirsty,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. s4D

s4D Registered Member

I have the same problem, after installing the backupserver on my w2003, I have this error: code = FFFFFFFF80070643 Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

When I install localy the backupserver, I have the same problem.

Do you ahve a solution?

Thanks

7. Acronis Support

Hello s4D,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Assuming you are using the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image and it is the first time Backup Server is installed on the machine, then please do the following:

1. Delete user group AcronisBackupServerUsers;

2. Delete the \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer folder

3. run Start->Run->regedit and remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Acronis->Fomatik->Plugins->BackupServer registry key.

After that try to install Acronis Backup Server again.

If this is not the first time Backup Server is installed on the machine, then there can be backups saved to it and the above will make inaccessible all backups saved to Backup Server.

If the above instructions does not help you to solve the issue, please collect the installation log file of Acronis Backup Server the way it is described in this previous post of mine. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. s4D

s4D Registered Member

Thanks, it's ok for me, I have contact the support an follow this one:

1) Supprimez Acronis Secure Zone:

Lancez Acronis True Image, ensuite Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard et choisissez Remove Acronis Secure Zone

2) Supprimez Windows Installer configuration (en utilisant Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us))

3) Supprimez Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer:

Lancer Device Manager et supprimez Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer
    Lancez regedit et supprimez les clefs de registre suivantes:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AcronisTimounterMonitor
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\timounter
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tifsfilter
    Supprimez la ligne timounter dans:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

4) Supprimez Acronis SnapAPI drivers:

Supprimez la clef snapman dans:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    Suprimez la ligne snapman (selement cette ligne) dans

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

5) Arrêtez Acronis Scheduler service:

Telecharez un outil ci-dessous (http://download.acronis.com/support/schedmgr.exe) et ensuite lacez les commandes suivantes

service stop
    service uninstall
    exit

6) Ouvriez Windows Task Manager et arrêtez le processus TrueImageMonitor.exe

7) Lancez regedit et supprimez les clefs de registres suivantes:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tib
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tis
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tibfile
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\tisfile

:cool: Supprimer le valeur TrueImageMonitor.exe dans:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

9) Supprimez \Program Files\Acronis folder

10) Supprimez \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis folder

11) Supprimez \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis folder

12) Supprimez \WINDOWS\system32\autoprnt.exe si ce fichier existe

13) Supprimez shortcuts de Desktop and Start menu

14) Redémarrer l’ordinateur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.