Fastest way to import config xml?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by stylishjm, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stylishjm

stylishjm Registered Member

I've got 300 sites with Eset that were managed by ERAC, until one day I made a huge mistake of disabling remote administration on all of them via a config update.o_O

Rather than going into each one, typing the password then importing the new XML to re-enable Remote Administration, would there be a way to say, create a .reg file to update the settings, or simply placing the new xml in a directory via some automated script which would save me alot of time? Maybe any other ways that would be faster?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. Sanjeevnuts

Sanjeevnuts Registered Member

Were you able to figure out how to import NOD32 configuration from a commandline?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If ERAS settings are misconfigured, the only way how to re-configure them is by reinstalling ESET on workstations using a proper configuration xml.

4. gcs

gcs Registered Member

I have made this same mistake. Did you find a way to resolve this? I was considering the same things as you. If you found where ESET stores its local configuration please let me know so I can fix .

5. Stealth111

Stealth111 Registered Member

I ended up pushing out a reg file at startup via a group policy startup script to set these 2 options:
    "RAClientEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "RAClientServer"="SERVER NAME HERE"

Once that was set, the clients connected to the RAS and eventually got the policies from the server and all was well again.

Just my 2 cents..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.