Faronics AE and Defensewall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Chuck57, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Several months have passed since I began using AE and DeepFreeze, and now I've got the urge to try Defensewall, based on the many comments here.

I'm not worried about conflicts with DeepFreeze, but am curious about AE and Defensewall. Does one complement the other, or is there unnecessary overlap?

So, would Defensewall, DeepFreeze and AE be a good setup or should I ditch AE during the Defensewall test?

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Do not try DefenseWall, it is the end of your search of improving things. I can tell, I voluntary start to weaken my security set up because it is just no fun, nothing to conquer.

See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1266575&postcount=2652

Came from using Comodo + TF + DW, dropped Comodo to make life easier for malware, now dropped TF also.

Seriously

Execution control: AE allows onlly whitelisted code, DW cages untrusted programs (inverted whitelist) in a strong limited user environment, so in terms of protection scope AE > DW

File control: AE monitors all extensions with known embedded code, DW cages all untrusted files, so in terms in protection scope it is DW > AE

So using both is like a double precaution. Only change consideration would be user firendliness (DW > AE), but when you are happy with AE, why change?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My security is FW + AE + DW, but I don't depend on them to keep my system clean. <Snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm very happy and seem to be very safe with AE (and DeepFreeze), but I've got to try Defensewall. Security software is an addiction worse than smoking cigarettes. If I knew I had an absolutely safe, bulletproof setup that nothing could get through, I'd be taking it apart and trying something else.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

LOL. Yes you are addicted. I'm running AE + DW for months now and I'm not planning to change it. I might add a new security software, but first I have to find one I do understand and that doesn't happen often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.