Far too many new Arrivals

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Speaking for myself I like trying new software, and am constantly on the lookout for new software to try.

I've installed and uninstalled hundreds of programs on one of Win 7 laptops, and it runs fine.

True, but I like to find that out for myself by trying it and forming my own opinion, rather than assuming it's no good.

I'm not wasting money. I usually use free AVs. I did purchase Outpost Pro recently which I no longer use, but it has been several years before that since purchasing an antivirus. In any case I always download the trail version of any software I buy and give a good testing before I purchase it. With Outpost Pro I had run in on another computer a few years ago, and it ran fine on that computer.

I've been through several different antiviruses, and there are absolutely zero problems from having other antivirus software installed in the past.

Sure there sometimes are problems caused by constantly trying out new software, but working out how to fix the problems makes me much more knowledgeable about fixing Windows problems. This is really useful for when I'm fixing a clients computer, as I believe in doing a clean install to fix computer problems only as an absolute last resort. I much prefer to find the cause a problem and fix it.

2. roger_m

Roboscan uses Bitfdefender's scan engine, and a lot of the lesser known AVs are using scan engines from established antivirus software. So, unless a new product comes along using its own scan engine, I see no reason not to trust antiviruses like Roboscan.

3. roger_m

Edit: I did also purchase Robscan Pro not long ago, but that was only $10 - so not exactly wasting money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.