False Positives??

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Kielty, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I have obtained a free copy of Acronis PE 8 in conjunction with a offer Acronis were doing with Scansoft for their PDF Professional package but I am alarmed at the number of apparant spyware detections. I use NOD32 v2.5, counterspy, adaware and spysweeper v4 and none of these programs detect any spyware on my pc.

Acronis PE however seems to treat Gamespy Arcade, Morrowind by Bethseda Softworks and other seemingly benign entries as spyware!

I don't doubt the quality of the product (as i use True Image and it is a fantastic piece of software) but...... are these legitimate spyware??

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kielty,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

First of all please download the latest build (748.) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then please download the latest spyware updates and try to scan for spyware again. If the problem remains please create a screenshot of what Acronis Privacy Expert Suite found on your computer and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread, also please indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

Thanks for that. I am using build 748 with the latest definitions. I will email support.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kielty,

Thank you for the cooperation.

If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.