False positive on newly compiled binary

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by brianras, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianras

brianras Registered Member

Hello,

I develop several products in C++Builder 2007, and a few days go NOD32 started detecting a virus in my application just after I have compiled it. The message is "probably unknown NewHeur_PE_virus".

There is no virus in the file.

This affects my business. I already submitted it to the "samples" email address. Automatically submitting the file from NOD32 failed with no explanation other than "it failed".

Can I do anything to speed up the process of getting you guys to analyze this problem?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send the sample in a rar/zip archive protected with the password "infected" and "False positive" in the subject to samples[at]eset.com. If the file is part of an application, provide as much information about it as possible and enclose a link to it as well, if possible.

3. emailaya

emailaya Registered Member

you might had the same problem as i did (even the same "virus" name). i got a PM about fixing this issue, waiting for my users to confirm that

4. brianras

I'd love to try it, please let me know what I can do.

5. brianras

Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.