False Positive-Malwarebytes

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Securon, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Dear Wilderites: I Downloaded Malwarebytes from their website and Prevx 3.0 identified it as containing malicious code specifically as a Trojan. I asked Prevx to remove the file, and then went to Download.com and downdoaded Malwarebytes . On my Prevx account quarantine section it shows the file was also captured from the Download.com site,but Prevx didn't initially pop-up to inform me of it's response like it did from the Malwarebytes site download. I've included the info on the file,and am wondering if anybody else as been affected.TROJAN.AGENT.GEN B May 23 3:15 687,104 U Y Y
    INSTALLER.EXE
    Sincerely....Securon

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Securon, when downloading the MBAM Free Version from their site, it takes you to download.com directly. I use AVG 8.5.339 and just downloaded the mbam-setup.exe file, plus running a scan, without any AVG warnings. I even uploaded that file to VirusTotal and with Prevx 3.0 being one of their AV engines, it does not report anything. It's an FP for sure.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Chances are it is a heuristic FP as antivirus/antimalware products tend to look malicious in the eyes of other antivirus products (because of the ways that they affect the system). If you're still experiencing the FP, can you click Tools > Save Scan Results and PM me the entry in the scan log which referenced MBAM? I'll get it sorted ASAP :)

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Many thanks Msr.Viejo I certainly hope it is an FP. Sincerely...Securon

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Securon, you're welcome! I would follow PrevxHelp's suggestion above and PM them the MBAM entry in the log, just in case. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.