False positive for the ATI control panel

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Anam Cara, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anam Cara

Anam Cara Registered Member

With the latest beta ( Currently 2.000.11b ) I get a false positive on an ATI Control panel component:

File C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiprbxx.exe is infected with probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus

This happens with at least the 3 previous ATI Catalyst drivers, I haven't tried more.

2. steve_h

steve_h Registered Member

Same problem here with deep scanning.

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiprbxx.exe - probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus

Have sent 2 emails (with the file comporessed and password protected) to Eset (support), and no reply. This began with the last update to the advanced heuristics module (v.1.008 20040804). My concern is the lack of response from support.

Steve

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Guys,
    the FP will be remedied shortly.

4. sard

sard Registered Member

I sent them a false positive NOD32 found in Gamespy and they fixed it 24h later.

5. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I too got a false positive on the ATI control panel (with AH standard enabled). I also go a false positive on IDM.exe, which is the executible for Internet Download Manager (same settings). I sent the latter to ESET about ten days ago, but so far no fix.

6. steve_h

steve_h Registered Member

True to Marcos' promise the false positive has been remidied with a new Advanced Heuristics module this morning (v1.009). Good service and thank you, :D

Steve

7. cjlive

cjlive Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.