"failed to restore hard disk 1 to hard disk 1"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Drew Nichols, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew Nichols

Drew Nichols Registered Member

I'm testing TrueImage for Linux. The image creation process is beautiful. This is on a remote Web server, so I'm only able to run trueimgcmd and not the GUI.

So I'm testing a restore of an image... I have the image loaded on disk2 (/dev/hdb) on my testbed computer. I did a basic install of the OS + Acronis and try to run a

trueimgcmd --restore --harddisk:1 --filename=/disk2/acronis.tib

But I get the error:

"failed to restore hard disk 1 to hard disk 1"

Any words of advise?

I feel very crippled to not have console and be using Acronis. I'm hoping when I really need it, I can do a restore via SSH. The datacenter can install an OS image in 25 minutes, but I will then need to restore my Acronis image with all of the settings/permissions/etc to replace their generic image.

2. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

I got this error a while back when trying to just use trueimagecmddos to /deploy an image to a different HD than the one that created it.

All I was told on the board was to "download the latest build and email support" pretty much.

Lucky for me I have contact with an Acronis employee now who is supposed to help me with the issue very soon, so if I get an answer before this thread does I"ll let ya know

3. Drew Nichols

It seems like the task I'm trying to do would be pretty common for Linux servers. How many people have console (as in direct access) 24x7? And who uses X on a true server?

4. Drew Nichols

Evidently, this will not work without a reboot. I'll play around with it and update this thread, as I'm sure others will run into this problem in the future, if they are like me and do not always have on-site access to the server.

5. Drew Nichols

Does anyone know if you can install the F11-on-boot option to restore without CD ROM if one is not running X windows?

I feel like using command line only is really crippling me, but X is not an option at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.