FACEBOOK confirmed again; NO PRIVACY forever

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by true north, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I don't think many understand the full consequences of this, and I'm hoping that people will at least make an attempt to fight THIS, if no other loss of privacy. This is the kind thing that will happen more and more, but, in this case, I'm not sure Facebook didn't overstep legal bounds just a little. Facebook might want to adjust some those lines, they are opening themselves up for potential lawsuits. Businesses and corporations who use this service especially aren't going to be real keen on this new TOS.

We could see a potential loss of customers for Facebook, but who knows. If anything, now is the time to start using those privacy settings there. If that even helps anything.

3. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I don't post anything on Facebook of value. Not that the quality of an image would be that good, but if I had some photos I was worried about losing the rights of, I'd watermark them.

4. true north

true north Registered Member

5. cortez

cortez Registered Member

The question is :could the reversal be trusted??

I would not bet on it considering the culture of corruption prevalent in corporate America.

Be safe by being anonymous.

Anonymity is security!!

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

As I stated in my other thread about the reversal, I would not at all be surprised and fully expect the offending lines to be added back a bit at a time, once the hype dies down. 3 months from now this will be forgotten and Facebook users will be merrily back to the same old sharing with everyone and their mother deal. A little sprinkle of privacy loss here, and a little there, slowly, and the masses don't say a word.

7. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Yea I agree privacy is kinda dieing in general on the internet and in other places I hate to see where its going to be in 10 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.