F-Secure IS

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

What firewall does F-Secure IS use? If one did not want to use it, could you make a custom install and not load the firewall?

Those of you who have used it, what is your assessment of the full application of FS IS?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i found their firewall to be good, although it can be 'too good' on the strict setting.

i aint too sure if you can un-select the firewall with a custom install, give it a try i suppose.

id personally leave the firewall in, leave it on normal and you should be fine, especially with norman sandbox doing its own stuff, you will be very secure with the 2007 version.

3. ethan_arends

ethan_arends Registered Member

When u install F-Secure IS u have 2 options:
    -full install
    -without Parental Control.
    So, the firewall u'll have even if u don't want. But u can stop after install.

U can go with F-Secure Av only(it will miss Firewall, Parental Control and Antispam).

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks all. I will try the firewall and see how it works. For some reason I thought it was not FS own firewall, but maybe ZA.
    I have not used any suites except the beta of Avira. I had no problem with the firewall, and maybe in the end the suite is a better set up.

I'm happy with Kerio 2.1.5, but it is easy to uninstall and install as needed.

Regards,
    Jerry

5. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I am not sure if the FW is F-Secure's own or someone elses, it doesn't resemble anything I have used before. Once it learned all my applications I hardly ever notice it anymore (it did notice that FireFox had changed when it upgraded last night). A couple of weeks ago it had informed me that it blocked MyDoom from entering my computer.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Sounds good. I may be in error, but many of the problems I read about involve the suites firewall. If it does not give problems that is the way to go for me.

Best,
    Jerry

7. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I haven't had a problem with the firewall as of yet. Now come to think of it, it kind of reminds me of Trend Micro's FW when I used to run TMIS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.