F-secure internet shield

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Banshee, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

As some of you may know a few days ago I installed f-secure is 2007 but had to uninstall it because it slowed my pc down to a crawl so I installed kav and outpost back.

Tonight I was about to restore an image with Acronis T.I so before I went for it I decided to uninstall kav6 and outpost and install f-secure is 2007 to see if it worked.I had nothing to lose.True image would give me kav6 and outpost back so I decided to try again :D

1)Uninstalled kav.Rebooted in safe mode.Run kiskavremove.Rebooted
    2)Uninstalled Outpost 4, rebooted in safe mode.Got rid of the leftovers
    3) Installed F-secure IS 2007, rebooted.

I really don't know why but this time F-secure was fast and did not slow my pc a single bit.I think my pc is faster now with f-secure than it was before with kav and outpost. :blink:

I started playing around with the firewall included in the suite.It's called Internet shield.

Now I was wondering if Internet shield had the equivalent of Outpost "block most" mode.

What I am trying to figure out is if it is possible to allow access only to a few applications and block the rest like in outpost.

If I am not wrong and I may well be I think in f-secure it works the other way round. That is, all outbound traffic is allowed and its up to u to block the applications u don't want to grant access to.If that is the case it's a pain you know where. Too many prompts.

There are 6 diff security levels but I don't understand how to block most of the incoming/outgoing traffic/applications without having to click,click,click so many times.

Any help welcome:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.