F-Secure Internet Security 2005 (cheap)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ianb, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

If you're in the uk you can get this for £13.99 at ebuyer.

http://www.ebuyer.com
    Quickfind code: 78839

2. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

3. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

I tried that Shaw Secure 2005 (=F-secure Internet Security 2005) too. The best protetion I ever have seen together with that F-secure Adware (Ad-Aware Pro 6), still using DrWeb 4.32b with ASpy Beta defs and OutPost Pro 2.6, so I can save 5 min every time I'm opening my puter and plenty of seconds by opening my web sites.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

4. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

funnily i've found the same thing happening with drweb installed :D :D
    hell its like i bought a new comp with superfast cpu....

i didnt like FSIS's firewall when i betatested it and i still dislike it

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

f-secure way to big and resource hungry for me. boot times were ridiculous!! it was indeed a good program just way to huge for me, i run nod have tested dr web like both and the extra speed they give me!!! f-scure is a good overall program for the basic home user not concerned with bloat though

6. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Yep, it's cheap because that is the OEM version with the usual license restrictions

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

License restrictions - You mean, like - no renewal? o_O

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

like said above why not just get the shaw secure foe free its the exact same thing as the regular fsecure ive tried both and they are one in the same. if you know what you are doing you could even change the "shaw secure" to f-secure at the top of the page whay pay for it. i have it if anyone wants it or try the link i just did and it did not work for some reason. maybe it was down but either way why pay for a free programo_O i tried the oem one and didnt see any difference?? explain please thanks

9. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Like it should only be purchased with a new pc

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well, I heard that OEM software needs to be purchased with "new PC Hardware", which could also just be a $4 power cord :D

11. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

This is EXACTLY why I will only use Dr.Web as my AV.. I absolutely detest stuff that slows down my machines.

12. Firefighter

I don't use SpIDer Mail™ at all because my emails are already protected by an other scanner.

Maybe this kind of things happens just because all systems are still unique.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

13. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

i dont have spider mail enabled at all now
    i dont find it very likely to get hit by an email virus, that would be refreshing to get one LOL
    actually i meant that drweb does really speed up my comp.. downside is that i had to get rid of all other 7 antiviruses to get it installed and running

14. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Yep, but this is what it says on the relevant web site in bold (and while it could be interpreted to mean the person buying it must already have a fully assembled computer system, I think everyone understands its intended meaning):

"F-secure Internet Security 2005 OEM software MUST be purchased with a fully assembled computer system. Full retail boxed products must be ordered if no hardware is to accompany the sale. Retail Product QF 77825"

For similar reasons I do not like the apparently free version via Shaw as I know full well that it is not intended for me, who lives thousands of miles outside Shaw's zone of operation. I can obtain F-Secure perfectly legitimately for a free 6-month trial or for purchase at 50% discount at the following web site and it is from here that I will check F-Secure out should I become unable to resist fiddling with things:

http://www.f-secure.com/protectyourpc/

15. Firefighter

I managed to have AntiVir 6.30 and NOD 2.50.2 Beta as my backup av:s together with DrWeb.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

16. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

illukka, the order of installation of some AV's is critical.

IME, Dr Web much prefers to be the first AV installed on your computer. When it is, you may then find it is a little less sensitive on what other AV's you now load on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.