F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Smokey, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Protects F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6 against rootkits (BlackLight Rootkit Elimination Technology)?

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I don't like your answer at all!:oops: ...........;)

4. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

Hmmm.. I have a question.. does F-Secure AV Client Security 6.0 detect/clean any Symbian OS based Viruses/Trojans?

I have a Nokia 6630 and I often download and install .sis apps and themes on the phone via my PC ... I do have the Cabir and Commwarrior disinfection tools installed on the phone, but what about the other trojans out there .. I believe there are roughly ~100 in number.

So, does F-Secure AVCS detect those?

5. Sputnik

Yes it's supposed to catch them when your phone is connected with your computer. I'm not sure about cleaning, you've to contact the F-Secure support for that.

6. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

Yes, you are right .... but what I actually meant is that.. will F-Secure AV Client Security detect any virus/trojan in any Nokia Installer file (.sis) when I download it to my PC? .. because I download the applications/themes to my computer first and then install them to my phone via Nokia PC-Suite.

So, Technically, if FSAVCS does have the capability to detect SymbianOS based malware, it should detect it as soon as its downloaded to the PC or maybe even while its downloading.. because I have the HTTP scan active :)

7. Sputnik

That's right, F-Secure scans within .sis files. Personally I recommend you to do the following:
    1) Download the .sis files in one folder.
    2) Scan them manually with the highest settings.
    3) Leave them three days in the folder and scan again.

Just to be sure :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.