F/P with Webroot SpySweeper

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dog, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, :)

I checked out Webroot's Spysweeper ...

Returns a False/Positive - from Spyware Blaster Kill Bit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\zonemap\domains\searchsquire.com

Value is 4

Also registers DiamondCS cookie as a tracking cookie.

Sorry, if this is posted in the wrong forum, please move if necessary ... and Sorry if this already a known.

dog - *puppy*

2. I found yet another false positive. It finds "CAX proxy" which turns out to be simply, to be the registry key in IE to use 127.0.0.1 (for proxomitron) as a proxy .

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I tried this app and the first timeI ran it it said four of my win xp pro files were compromised. They were all FP's, needless to say I deleted it right away. ;)

4. dog

dog Guest

Hi BigC, ;)

Yah, it seems to generate a few F/P's, but from reviews ... it's seems to have the best overall detection (this is taken with a grain of salt, I might add) My 3 main antispy scan/detection apps are 1. Spybot 2. Ad-Aware 3. Bazooka ... and just because I'm paranoid the free version of Pest Patrol ( detection, but no removal or quar.) and Spy Sweeper (D/L newer version every month - which has somewhat updated def's) just as back ups.

Actually, although PP and Spy Sweeper have a few F/P ... I kinda like'm both.

Steve - *puppy*

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You are not layering your defences you are stacking them up :D :D :D

6. dog

dog Guest

Your not kidding :D I try everything ... if I listed my backup AV's & At's and never ending list of other useful proggies ... You'd be ROTF LYAO for hours!!! :D Nothing like being Paranoid! ... and funnier yet, I've never been infected with anything, I've left no room to expand ... I've already got everything! LOL :D

Steve - *puppy*

7. justhelping

justhelping Guest

Given that your system is generally very clean, I guess you are just helping Pest Patrol and Spysweeper to detect false positives??

8. dog

dog Guest

Hi Justhelping, ;)

That's the idea ... and in return (with a little investigating) ... they improve their products and I get extra piece of mind ... :D LOL ... it's tuff being paranoid. :D

dog - *puppy*

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Already ROFLMFAO..... :D :D :D :D

Check my sig. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.