EZ Armor/Zone Alarm True Vector

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tweety pie, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweety pie

tweety pie Registered Member

Hi, I'm new here so this is my first 'post'

I currently have EZ Armor firewall/anti-virus suite from C.A. Associates whom are also part of 'Zone Alarm'. Had this product for 2 years had bouts of problems but just recently had more that I can cope with. I have the following message that I check in 'Event Viewer' after having a blue screen/pc crash.

Event Log:5007 Source: True Vector Service

TrueVector engine: File ''C:\WINDOWS\InternetLogs\IAMDB.RDB was corrupt and has been copied to ''C:\WINDOWS\InternetLogs\xDBC.tmp'' File''C:\WINDOWS\InternetLogs\IAMDB.RDB''was corrupt and has been deleted.

I also have the same error message but the IAMDB.RDB is replaced with my pc's serial number.
    I contacted EZ Armor's support (which is quite prompt, had said to me that it has to be bearing in mind the problems people encounter) they said to update to the newer update for the firewall 5.1 which I did but continued to get these error messages now they suggest uninstalling again but this time reinstalling in 'safe mode'.
    Has anyone encountered the same IAMDB error?( Internet Access Monitoring Database) and have you ever been told to reinstall in 'Safe Mode'?

True Vector is the backbone to EZ Armor/ Zone Alarm, it is there processor and seems to really hog your pc other than these annoying 'crashes' and sometimes driver errors along with the internet log error it is a good firewall/anti-virus. I am on the hunt for another system with the same combined package but so far I've not found a replacement any help on this would be appreciated too. I have Windows XP Home Edt.

Cheers!!!! :)

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You will see that error message in the event viewer whenever your machine crashes. When it crashes, it also corrupts the ZA database and ZA is attempting to fix the problem. So it's normal to see that error whenever your computer crashes.

If you're crashing due to the firewall, and it continues to happen even after an upgrade and/or reinstall, I would consider getting another firewall, since there is obviously an incompatibility or problem of some kind. Unfortunately, these things can and do happen on various machines.

3. tweety pie

tweety pie Registered Member

Hi Kerodo, Thank you for your reply.
    Just had another error message while wanting to come on here.

***STOP: 0x00000024(0x001902FA,0xF8A18880,OxF8A18580,0x804E13CA)

There is a message to run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart pc.
    This then logged the error as a True Vector, I do understand that it could not be True Vectors fault.

Cheers!!! *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.