Extremely slow/unstable startup

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Coolio10, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

HP Pavillion dv6700, no modified hw

2. Coolio10

Only security program is kis 2009, even windows defender is off. Rest of startup processes is hp stuff that came with laptop. I already disabled unneeded stuff like qttask, apple mobile device etc...

There are some drivers that are not found in autoruns but it looks like symantec stuff mostly.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Which driver, including version power's that eighty-four hundred? How 'bout forwarding BIOS spec's?
    *Actually, if you haven't played around with removing these from startup, I'd look into doing just that.

Cpqset, Hpcmpmgr, HPWuSchd2

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  4. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hello everybody,

# Coolio10 : To make the cleaning of your computer ( fan ...) with a vac and a brush ;
    Download and run the Norton Removal Tool and JavaRa ( look to thread : " Your NEW BEST Free Softwares Anti-Malware and Windows cleaners ..." ) .

Courage ,

Thanks, PROROOTECT

5. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  6. GlobalForce

Hey Pro, my previous post a hunch. The link "HP Pavilion dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 and Compaq Presario v3000/v6000 Series Notebook PCs HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement" provided in the article make's for an interesting follow-up! What the OP's willing to make of it may never come across.

Scratch! The sixty-seven hundred's unaffected. Oh well, good head's up anyway Pro. ;)

S

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I do a Check Disk periodically, which usually speeds things up after it's done.

8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I'd disable KIS to start troubleshooting. Reboot, see if it's the same. See why there are Symantec drivers (what Symantec programs are installed).

The links i gave you provide an even better way to troubleshoot. It disables everything non critical to the system, and allows you to see if it boots ok. If it does, you've eliminated quite a bit. Then you move on enabling things.

Just my opinion.

9. Coolio10

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

10. Coolio10

Already tried disabling kis with no success. The symantec drivers do not exist anymore, it is just leftover autostart entries for them.

Is it safe to disable everything that is non-microsoft? Even the HP programs that came with the laptop? (eg wireless assistant).

11. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I have to be honest here: not only do i not use Vista, i never tried those steps.
    But if there are steps to be made, my money is on those, specially coming from the people who made the OS.

If you think there are other critical things, such as some HP program, then don't uncheck those. But do disable everything you feel is non-critical, and reboot.
    If the problem persists, then it's likely (imo) in what you left on.
    If the problem stops, then it has something to do with what you disabled.

But i think it's best to follow the steps given by those who know what they're taling about (MS links).

Does anyone agree with me? Ronjor, JRViejo, GF?
    At least that's how i do with almost anything that doesn't work right, computer or no computer. Try to eliminate possibilities.

The other day, a computer didn't boot. Nothing at all. I unplugged everything else, and it worked. Not enough juice me thinks. :D

12. GlobalForce

You mean you haven't been :eek: honest with us all along? Shame on you! :D;)

Hey, I ain't gotta tell ya anything you haven't already covered Pedro, you know .... hand's down it's the systematic approach, whether in life or when dealing with puter's. If the OP chooses to spend time _oogling some of these thing's they'll see for themselves what can safely be disabled (though I tend to believe the OP has had quite enough of this thread already).

S

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Agree with Pedro and GlobalForce!
    A methodical (not scattershot) approach to troubleshooting always works the best.
    Even Confucius, thousands of years ago, said it best: "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.