ExtFS for mac problem files and folders not visible

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by Bartmans, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Bartmans

Bartmans Registered Member

ExtFS is working reasonable well on my mac. But on some folders I do not see all the files in the finder that should be visible there. Some files and folders do not show up in de finder.
    Is this a permission problem?
    Strange thing is that if I use mucommander (other filemanager) that I do see the other files and folders.
    Is there a setting that I have missed somewhere?

2. GenePayne

GenePayne Registered Member

I have the same problem also.
    There is one directory on my drive that will not show up in Finder. I see it in the Terminal window, and can read/write to it that way.
    I thought that maybe the Mac was treating this directory as hidden, so I ran the command 'chflags -R nohidden directoryName' in the Terminal. I also tried the command 'defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES' to force Finder to show all hidden files. I re-launched Finder but it still does not show the directory.

3. Bartmans

Bartmans Registered Member

It's nice to hear that someone else is having the same problem. I did try the same thing. Hoping it was a settting somewhere.
    No solution so far.

4. GenePayne

GenePayne Registered Member

My ExtFS did an auto-update to version 9.8 last month, and that seems to have fixed this problem for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.