ExtFS: Copying of 4TB HDD takes forever/doesn't start!

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by Tom_extfs, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Tom_extfs

Tom_extfs Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version yesterday and try to copy a 4TB HDD to another 4TB HDD using a Sharkoon Dualport docking station on my MacMini (El Capitain). The docking station is connected via a CalDigit Thunderbolt2 adapter (2x E-Sata).
    After having started the file copy transfer it says: "Kopieren nach .... vorbereiten" (Preparing for copying to ....) and there is a number of files being displayed, which is (more or less) constantly counting up. It obviously wants to read in the number (and size) of files to be copied. This process lasts for almost 6 hours now - counting more than 400.000 files now - not having copied a single file until now.
    Under Linux it started copying right away (or it might have gathered the files information upfront as well, but
    fast enought that it didn't slow down the whole process).
    Is there a configuration switch, which turns off this "file-information-gathering" at the beginning?

Thx for any hint!

Tom

2. Tom_extfs

Tom_extfs Registered Member

Update: After more than 6 hours reading of file-information, it started copying eventually - saying it would take 171 days to finish! Under Linux it took about 14 hours. After a short while it stopped, saying that it cannot copy a folder, as there is a folder with the same name already existing (as it doesn't differ between capital and non-capital letters). The target HDD was empty, though, and I never had a similar problem using Linux.
    Is this a flaw in the Paragon software?

Regards, Tom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.