explorer.exe taking screenshots

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by mr_28, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_28

mr_28 Registered Member

Hello... I have this great concern spyshelter alerted me that explorer.exe is making screenshots and it automatically allows it to do so. The explorer is in windows folder and i scanned it in virustotal and it was not detected by any scanners ~VT link removed per forum policy~ The hash of the file is BDEEC76823F763883C14CEEB3C231C5773198275 Spyshelter says it's not a signed file, virustotal says it's a signed file. This file is a finnish version of the explorer.exe. Virustotal gives this warning about the file "Warning
    Possibly corrupt Version resource" I dont know what that means...

I have the following security programs running in my computer super antispyware pro, spyshelter premium, f-prot antivirus, look n stop firewall and i also have hitman pro which i use to scan my computer about once a week but none of the scanners i have used did not find any malware. Is this normal or not? Thanks for your kind replies! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  2. fax

fax Registered Member

3. mr_28

mr_28 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I sent a message to the support... I hope to get some information about this matter. *puppy*

4. mr_28

mr_28 Registered Member

another thing today happened. I downloaded the bitlord program which is used to download those torrent files and there is in taskbar or systray or whatever the small bitlord icon and when i right clicked it to get the small pop-up menu spyshelter alerted me about the bitlord program for keylogging and screencapturing...

5. mr_28

mr_28 Registered Member

So i used injected dll from nirsoft to see what dll files are injected to every process and it found these...

[img=http://s17.postimg.org/x68n29um3/injecteddll.jpg]

When i speculate in my head about the possibility of keylogger in my computer the only change i see is by some dll file. Are those dll files normal? Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.