Explain Bart PE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 62cwil, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62cwil

62cwil Registered Member

I read a lot about Bart PE but do not understand under what circumstance I would ever need it. Things are working fine for me. I use Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Can anyone explain why I would ever need and what for and how would I start it etc.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, good questions.

First, you are running Vista, so you would want to use the VistaPE disk which is an update of the BartPE disk but from Microsoft instead of Bart.

Have you successfully restored your system's boot disk (C: partition)? If so, you don't need the VistaPE disk.

If you haven't booted the TI Rescue media yet, go ahead and give that a try. The key points are whether you can see all your hard drives and validate a backup that was made in Vista while booted from the Rescue media. If this runs smoothly, you don't need the VistaPE disk.

The BartPE and VistaPE disks are used primarily by people whose systems won't boot properly with the standard TI Rescue CD or flash drive.

If you are interested in the VistaPE boot disk for any reason, check out Mustang's way of creating one because he makes it much easier for just a few bucks.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.