Expired Publisher's Certificate

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pinktuxedo, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinktuxedo

pinktuxedo Guest

Proactive reinstallation of Vers 4.4 indicates Thawte's certificate expired 5/20/11. I'm sure you are aware of this, will you be renewing the cetificate shortly or are the admin burdens of the process delaying activation?

2. pinktuxedo

pinktuxedo Guest

removed

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Are you referring to the certificate used to digitally sign the currently-available setup file? (i.e. spywareblastersetup44.exe)

If so, the digital signature on that file should still validate without issue, as it includes a timestamp. (i.e. The file was digitally signed within the certificate's validity period.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm not sure this is related, as I actually haven't verified why such was happening, but I downloaded SpywareBlaster (latest version) from Softpedia yesterday, and UAC presented me with an unsigned application.

Most likely due to what pinktuxedo mentions?

I finished downloading from Cnet and it's digital signed. I'm going to download from Softpedia and see if the hash matches. I wonder why the file I downloaded from Softpedia wasn't signed o_O

-Edit-

OK. The hashes do not match!! This file here -http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/58c222295fd53170186eeb1c4e3081a3/4e0a54ab/100004701/software/antispy_popup/spywareblastersetup44.exe does not have the same hash value has the one provided at Javacool Software website http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload_free.html

The hash from Javacool site is F2C9F6EBAEB959507511A163EF3B3F5A

The one from Softpedia is 28ef9894fc6cda92189babf194bbf907

No match...

WTF? Softpedia's file clearly has been .... touched...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.