Existing Customer Migration

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Leapfrog Software, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Re: FirstDefense-ISR 3.31.232 *New Version*

Ok, guys, a question or two. Even though I received this new version from Todd, I have not yet installed it. I don't see anything in it that I need however I do want to remain on the same coding as everyone else. I do not have my system Raided. So, do I simply uninstall the old and install the new? Do I only need to do this in my Primary Snapshot? What if I recover an old Archive on top of my Primary, would that hose or undo this new version? What if I have this ActiveX problem that some have had, what do I do then? Thank you.

Acadia
  2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Uninstall FD in current snapshot
    Install new FD - reboot as normal

reboot to new snapshot - in my experience every snapshot has the ActiveX issue - uninstall FD old install FD new - everything fixed in this snapshot. Fix others as required

Same process for archives when restored - simply install new version to fix activex problem
  3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, starfish.

Acadia
  4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Recieved the download link in just a few hours :D Also installed Vista 64bit on a snapshot perfectly :cautious:
  5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

:D :D
  6. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Ha, you just can't keep a good product down. This is akin to that phone call out of the blue from a long lost friend. Very welcome! Have only just found the thread as I was searching for info on compatibility with Raid 1 as I will shortly be retiring my old desktop and want to keep FD-ISR alive for my new one, which may be Raid 1.
  7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Any news about this bug some are having?
    I have a friend who installed the latest FDISR (he had RAXCO version earlier)
    When he tries to reboot to a secondary snapshot he gets that error.
    He doesnt have RAID,just plain SATA 2 drive. When he uninstall the new version and install the older all is fine.
  8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Did he get the latest patch which fixed that?
  9. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

No, I have missed that there was a patch published. But the latest version fixed that error.
    Now he gets the ActiveX error. But that is no problem since it can easily be fixed with a reinstall in the second snapshot.
  10. Phil J

Phil J Registered Member

Is the info here still valid as I have sent the email but haven't received a response as yet.

thanks
  11. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

@philJ
    Yes.
    There has been a new version released: see here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=235424
    Give Todd a day or two to respond.
    Sometimes his email filters dump some messages: he is usually able to respond if there is an issue as he watches the forums.
    You could try an e-mail with a different subject heading to get his attention.

I don't think there has been a problem for any user with a legit license.
  12. Phil J

Phil J Registered Member

Hi, and thanks. I got the email this morning and mailed all the required details.
  13. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings Phil J,

I have not yet seen the details on your email yet. Please send again and I will process today. As mentioned *sometimes* the email filters will trap or reject emails. Although frustrating and rare (I think), having our filters lowered allows hords of junk mail.
  14. Phil J

Phil J Registered Member

OK, thanks Todd, sending now.
  15. Phil J

Phil J Registered Member

Todd,

Did you receive the email I sent?

Thanks
  16. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Not yet. Just cut and paste in a PM to me.
  17. Phil J

Phil J Registered Member

Thanks again Todd, PM sent.