Existing Customer Migration

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Leapfrog Software, Jun 30, 2008.

1. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Re: FirstDefense-ISR 3.31.232 *New Version*

I also had a minor glitch

I uninstalled the old version - installed in primary - rebooted to backup snapshot - when i click the sys tray icon I get error 429 activeX problem.

Uninstalled - new version in backup snapshot - FD seemed to work fine - rebooted to primary - also appears fine.

Seems fine after reinstall in backupsnapshot .....

May be an issue copying FD between snapshots on boot?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings All,

Ok, it looks like some folks are having issues with an ActiveX control that may be out of sync with the routine that we are looking for in a non-active snapshot. Since these controls are stored in the Windows folder, I would suggest the follow:

Note: This only applies to the folks having issues

1) Re-install FD-ISR in each non-active snapshot (you will have to do this for archives after you import them)

or

2) If the snapshot is simply a backup of your primary, you could just copy/update it from the active snapshot.

3. Diprivan

Diprivan Registered Member

I am having problems with the auto response email. I keep getting a blank email back. I have lost my original Raxco purchase receipt but do have a reply from Raxco regarding re-downloading FDISR. Is there an email address that I can send this information to?
    Thanks

4. Leapfrog Software

Hi there. yes, PM me and I will get you the contact info. The reason I don't advertise my email is I don't need the spam auto-bots to find it.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Drat, I must be tired. Installed in VM machine, and it went well. Ran into the Active X thing, and resolved it by reinstall as you suggested Todd. But there was one crucial thing I think I did, and now don't remember. Duh. Will repeat tomorrow.

Pete

6. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

Installed the new version on both snapshots only after uninstalling first. Everything works fine. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I installed FDISR v3.31 without any issues.
    I created 2 snapshots and 5 archives, including Freeze Storage, with the new version and it seems to run like before.
    Well done Todd and thanks for thinking about us, any improvement is welcome in the real FDISR. :)

8. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

I installed the new version, but it always gives me the same error when I try to boot on another snapshot or when I press F1 during the boot time.

"4 22020

$ISR folder not found
    FirstDefence-ISR ERROR - Press any key to boot windows
    "

The logs does not show the error information. They only display "Pre-Boot check ok" every time I try to boot to another snapshot.

I tried everything. Restored an image, zeroing the partition, even a new clean install of the windows with no luck. The preboot does not see the $ISR folder. :mad:

Strangely the previous version works fine. :doubt:

Help!!! :'( :'( :'(

9. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

:D :D :D
    E-mail sent ...

10. Leapfrog Software

Hi Y'all (Got that from my Southern wife),

I am all caught up with the new licenses this morning as of 8:29a PDT, so if you sent an email and have not heard back from me, please try again.

I hope all are enjoying the new version. Being able to jump between Vista64 and XP is pretty sweet. I enjoy that one.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  11. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Dal ati!
    Just what I wanted!

12. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I sure am.
    Thanks for sending those license keys so quickly. :cool:
    Must be a pretty busy time for you now.
    Appreciate the work you're doing. :thumb:
    Yep, I like to switch now and then between XP and Vista, as well as testing some new software. :D

Thanks again for this excellent service Todd. ;)

13. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ok I have A dumb question confused here Is leaprfrog the same as HorizonData.Because I am on a 14 day trial of FirstDefense for vista.Is it same product different company.?:doubt:

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Not a dumb question. Todd (Leapfrog) designed and created the software, it is currently being sold through HorizonData. Further confusion: many of us here at Wilders have an older version that used to be sold through Raxco and someone else, I forget that company's name; the older version had more features and could do more which creates even more confusion. Like I said, not a dumb question at all.

Acadia

15. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Thank you And yes I seen raxco mentioned as well which really confuse me even more.Anyways thank you again and I love it so far will with out a doubt purchase this product.

16. Peter2150

I got the same error on my Desktop install.

Pete

17. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi Todd,

I sent you email. I hope you get it okay. Thanks for all your hard work.

18. pandlouk

Let me guess.
    You use RAID-0 too. :p

The new version does not like Raid-0. :ouch:

19. Peter2150

Could be. Yes I do use Raid-0

20. Leapfrog Software

Greetings,

We are working with the folks that are having the issue that appear to be RAID0 issues. Strange, since we have folks that RAID0 is working just fine for them, including myself.

There is one condition (RAID or not) that will cause issues with FD-ISR (and most pre-OS apps) when the boot and system physical disk are split. For most this happens without your knowledge. Let me explain.

I have 3 physical disks configure as follows:
    Disk 0: 320Gb archive volume
    Disk 1: (Disk 1 and Disk 2 in 300Gb RAID 0 config)

The BIOS reports to Windows the non-RAID SATA drive (Disk 0) first. When I install XP or Vista, Windows places the MBR and PBR on Disk 0 and the OS on Disk 1. This is not a good situation because my system is now dependant on all 3 disks to operate. If I remove my Disk 1 archive volume, the system will not boot. When I install Windows, I have to unplugged my Disk 1 during initial installation (turning off in BIOS does not work for me, Windows finds it). A pain, but it works.

So for the folks having this issue (I think there are 2 of you) email me your drive setup please.

btw: I know there is a great amount of talent here. Does anyone know why MS chooses to split the bootstrap? I never have found a reason why.

21. pandlouk

Hi Todd,

I never really understood why windows behave this way; but I found a way to avoid it. You can either set the primary partition/partitions on disk0 as non active or just create an extended partition. After that windows will ignore that disk and will place the bootstrap at your correct drive. ;)

ps. Maybe the guys at microsoft thought that since an active primary partition is in place this is where you'll want to put your bootstrap. One of the differences between windows and linux. In windows the OS take the decisions; in Linux the administrator decides. :D

Panagiotis

22. Leapfrog Software

Hey that is a good idea on the non-active or extended partition thing. I will try that next time (which is never to far away).

23. Leapfrog Software

Greetings All,

A few folks are having issues using RAID0 and additional non-RAID SATA drives. Some of the BIOS's enumerate the bootable RAID set as DISK 1 instead of DISK 0. This is what I believe is causing the issue in our pre-OS code. Something broke between the last version and this one. (Argh!) We try hard not to break stuff, but sometimes it happens.

Pandlouk has successfully removed all his non-system drives, installed his OS, re-connected his drives and it all works. (Thanks a zillion for doing this)

I am going to work with these folks to get this solved.

24. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Hi Todd, So that's it. I am using Raid 0 with my system and data partitions which are on Disk 0. I also have two additional non-raid Sata drives, Disk 1 and Disk 2. This system works fine with version 205. I will send you an email.

25. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Is it recommended to UPGRADE to this new version or wait for the next version/update that fixes that "RAID" issues?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.